Carrot Mug Cake Recipe!
We've re-opened for Delivery & Click & Collect!
Order from our At Home range for essentials such as bread, flour, yeast, vegetables and of course our pastries and delicious sweet treats to specific postcodes only; or order your special PAUL cakes online for Click & Collect and pick up from your nearest re-opened PAUL shop.
Happy National Carrot Day! While we cannot wait to tuck into this divine Carrot Cake until we've re-opened our store, we've come up with this delicious recipe for you to try at home!
We think this recipe is a winner especially because it's easy enough to make, doesn't require many ingredients, can be made with the family and is quite simply, delicious!
Don't feel restricted to the following ingredients, if you have almonds instead of walnuts or only raisins instead of mixed fruit, that's absolutely fine! The beauty of this mug cake recipe is that it's versatile and can be adjusted based on your taste and ingredients.
- tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 30g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sultanas or mixed fruit
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Melt the butter in a large mug by microwaving for up to 60 seconds
- Then stir in the egg, milk, vanilla, flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon & orange zest until mixed well.
- Stir in the carrot, walnuts & sultanas into the mixture.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until the cake pulls away from sides of mug.
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk together in a separate pot, then pour over cake.
Now that you've made your very own carrot mug cake, we'd love to know your verdict! Share on social media and tag us and we'll be sure to share with our PAUL bakers too!